Rabu, 29 Juli 2020

EXPRESSION OF ASKING ATTENTION, GIVING ATTENTION, ASKING OPINION, APPRECIATION

2.Expressions to Check Someone’s Understanding

Expressions

Meaning

Are you understand?

Apakah kamu mengerti?

Do you know what I mean?

Apakah kamu tahu maksud saya?

Do you understand the text?

Apakah kamu memahami teksnya?

Have you got the point ?

Sudahkan kamu mengerti intinya?

Are you with me?

Apakah kamu setuju dengan saya?

3. Expression of Showing Appreciation

Expressions of Asking Opinion

Meaning

You are very kind.

Kamu sangat baik.

Thanks for the attention.

Terima kasih atas perhatiannya.

You are the best.

Kamu yang terbaik.

That is my son.

Itulah anakku!


4. Expressions of Asking and Giving Opinion

Expressions of Asking Opinion

Meaning

What do you think of …?

Apa pendapatmu tentang …?

What is your opinion about ….?

Apa pendapat Anda tentang ...?

Do you have any other idea?

Apakah Anda punya ide lain?

Please say something about my ….?

Tolong katakan sesuatu tentang .... ku?

Please, give your view/ opinion about ….

Tolong, berikan pandangan / pendapat Anda tentang….

 

Expressions of Giving Opinion

Meaning

I think that you are very beautiful with the dress.

Saya pikir Anda sangat cantik dengan gaun itu

I have a view that you are so smart.

Saya memiliki pandangan bahwa Anda sangat pintar

I think you should have a louder voice.

Saya pikir Anda harus memiliki suara yang lebih keras

You are very …

Anda sangat …

I agree with your opinion.

Saya setuju dengan pendapat anda

Example:

This conversation happened in front of the class. The teacher is explaining the material, the students are not paying the teacher explanations.

Teachers : OK. Today we are going to learn about Simple past tense, do you know

that is simple past tense?
Students : no
Teachers : O.K 
please pay the attention, I will describe what the simple past tense is…
Students : I see.
Teachers : have you known about simple past tense?
Students : yes, I have known a little, please explain again.
Teacher :O.K listen to my….
Students : You are best
Teachers : That’s my son!

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar

EXPRESSION OF GRATITUDE AND APOLOGIZE

3. Gratitude (Berterima Kasih) Gratitude is an expression that we show or say to express grateful feeling to other people, when speakin...